Thursday, January 17, 2013

NYC!


Yesterday my friend and I went to NYC! It was the first time I have ever been there and it was just as amazing as I had hoped it would be. Even though it was cold and rainy, we made the best of it by shopping basically all day. I bought so many wonderful things that I'm just so excited to wear! 

We woke up super early and just barely caught the bus from Philly to New York City which was perfect since we didn't have to wait outside for the bus too long. The first 5 minutes of the trip consisted of everyone screaming because a bird somehow got trapped in the bus! The driver had to shoo the little guy out with a rag. It was terrifying but also so funny :)

Once we got there we visited broadway, time square (as seen from above), soho, little italy, Rockefeller   center, and Maddison Square Garden! We shopped at so many cool places, and I went to the huge Forever 21 store. 


Here is my friend looking happily over-whelmed 

After meeting up with a friend of mine who helped us figure out the subway system, we got dinner at a cute little place in Little Italy called Rubirosa! It was the most AMAZING FOOD. We both got what was probably the best ravioli's either of us had ever eaten and the most delicious italian doughnut's with a chocolate hazelnut dipping sauce. Highly recommend!!!!

My beautiful date sitting by candle-light :)

We got home around midnight and could barely move our bodies because we were so sore from walking all day. It was totally worth it though. Although we didn't get to see some of the more touristy things (museums, empire state building, 9-11 monument) on account of our limited time and dreary weather conditions, we still saw a lot. Very successful first trip to New York City for sure! :)

Here I am at times square wearing Moira's hat :)




No comments:

Post a Comment