Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Silver Linings Playbook


Last night I went to this cute small town movie theater to see Silver Linings Playbook with one of my good friends. IT WAS AMAZING! The entire premise of the whole movie is really quite sad but it was made in a way that still made me laugh. It's nice to see the humor in things that are so sad.

Jennifer Lawrence is quickly becoming a new favorite actress of mine. I had seen reviews on her performance saying how she stole the scene from Bradley Cooper and Robert De Niro so I was nervous about being let down. Let me tell you, I was not! The whole movie was brilliant and exactly what I needed to see. The ending made me genuinely cry with laughter and left me in such a good mood!

Bradley Cooper plays a man with "anger issues" coming out of an 8 month stint at a mental hospital after he finds his wife cheating on him while playing the song from their wedding. He ends up beating the crap out of the guy and is court ordered to the hospital. In my humble opinion, I think his anger was just a little bit warranted... The rest of the movie is him doing everything he can to prove to his wife that he is getting better in order to win her back and is driving himself insane in the process. Jennifer Lawrence plays a girl who is equally as crazy after her husband dies and without giving any spoilers, the rest of the movie develops with their meeting and helping each other. It is such an amazing movie and I can not wait to see it again... and again.. and again.

I think something that made it better for me is that it takes place right around my area! Robert De Niro plays Bradley's father obsessed with the Philadelphia Eagle's. Scenes of the skyline and other areas around Philly are shown throughout the movie too. The homey feel made it that much more enjoyable for me :)

Here is the cute little small town theater we went to:

No comments:

Post a Comment